12.11.2007

my dealings with. i left to go get a beer and i forgot my title

Ok I need to work on 2 things, one is my paper, and the second is proper sentence structure. Including capitalization! And less exclamation points. Anyways, I am tired with the seasonal brews that are being released. The reason is that it is like a stones throw away from Christmas, actually its like 12 days or something but the way its being marketed it would seem like Christmas came and went about 14 times already.
Anyways with all the hearty warming winter beers and christmas spices such as nutmeg and cinnamon does not always make the perfect combination.
The Nutcracker Ale from Boulevard had a pronounced hoppiness to it yet it had a nutmeg flavoring that I did not care for, it also was a little sweet or caramelized as I would have wanted it.
And at the local bar I had the winter beer from Anchor Brewery and it felt like they just dumped a bunch of spices into their porter, which I enjoy very much and feel is a quite good winter beer.
Along with my recent beer rant I have had two different beers tonight. One is Sunset Wheat from Leinenkeugels. And the other is Dancing Man Wheat from New Glarus. On the nose the Sunset Wheat is pronounced fruitiness. And the taste can be described by people as "Fruit Loops." Where I think its just too sweet and too fake fruity. The Dancing Man Wheat however reminded me of pouring almost a hefeweitzen. On the nose it has a fermented yeast smell, like when you mix yeast with sugar and water to make bread but not quite as sour and a hint of nutmeg. The taste reminds me much more of a wheat beer and is very tasty, easy finish. Ultimately one of my favorites out of my sampler pack.
By Thursday ill have up till 25 pages typed, great. I have included two pictures, enjoy. Fucking spiders.








No comments: